Diwali, the festival of lights is widely celebrated in India and on this day, we usher in wealth and prosperity by praying to Goddess Lakshmi – the Goddess of Wealth. Here are some tips to bring prosperity, abundance, happiness and harmony to your homes this Diwali.
1. Indian households clean their houses to get rid of negative energies. In addition to the regular cleaning, move at least thirty-six objects in your house which are stationary for a while. You can again place them back to their original place. The shifting of objects will move the stale energy which is stuck for so many years.
2. Lakshmi Puja is the time when we offer prayers to Lord Ganesha and Goddess Lakshmi. Lord Ganesha removes the obstacles from our lives and Goddess Lakshmi gives us prosperity and abundance. However, for peace, happiness and harmony, we need to worship Goddess Saraswati too on this day.
3. Offer seven lotus flowers to Goddess Lakshmi to have her blessings all throughout the year.
4. Light four “diyas” or earthen lamps on each corner of your house with mustard oil. In the centre of the house put a large diya with four “battis” and light them. While lighting the diyas, the intention should be that all the evil and darkness in our lives should be eliminated. All the negative energies in our homes should be removed and replaced with pure divine positive energies all throughout the year.
5. Decorate your house with flowers and “Rangoli”, especially at the entrance of your house. Put a vessel of water with rose petals at the North East corner of your home.
6. Along with the prayers of Gods and Goddesses, on the Diwali day, also light a diya for your ancestors for their happiness and their blessings.
Using these simple tips, you can have a fabulous year ahead with prosperity, abundance and happiness in your lives.
Happy Diwali Friends !!!
Anubhuti of InnerSelf supports HIV+ kids, orphans, slum children and destitute women.Come and join us