“All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become.” ~Buddha
Have you ever noticed the self talk we do with ourselves? If we notice carefully, most of the time, we indulge in negative self talks with ourselves. “I am not good enough.” “I can never be rich.” “I will never find my soul mate.” These sentences sound so familiar. And when we continuously say negative sentences to ourselves, these negative situations also manifest in reality. You will never be good enough. You will never be rich. You will never find your soul mate.
But one can change one’s situation by altering the way one speaks to himself or herself. That is the power of positive self talk or affirmations. Affirmations are positive statements which we say to ourselves about ourselves or our situations. Affirmations are empowering declarations which when repeated to oneself every day lead to enforcement of positive beliefs. When one repeats the positive statements repeatedly, these act upon the subconscious mind and retrain the subconscious mind and help to manifest the dreams into reality. Affirmations are the focused intentions which we send to the Universe and the Universe responds by bringing magical experiences to you.
There are few rules while using the affirmations:
1. Affirmations are always positively worded: If you don’t want a pain in your body, instead of affirming I don’t want pain, affirm, I am pain free.
2. Affirmations are always in the present tense: Say your affirmations in the present tense. For example if you want to have vacations, say, I am having a relaxing vacation with my family.
3. Affirmations are always worded in the first person: Always say your affirmations in the first person. i.e. I am rich. I am loved.
How to use the affirmations:
1. Create a well worded positive affirmation based on what you want to attract into your life. Suppose you want to lose weight, you can say, I am at my ideal weight and having a physically fit body.
2. Repeat these statements after waking up and before going to sleep. You can mentally say the affirmations all throughout the day.
3. Make affirmations a daily habit
4. While you say the affirmations, experience them, say them with complete feelings, live them fully with all your senses.
5. You can make variations with your affirmations. You can say them mentally; say out loud in front of the mirror (it is very effective), write down your affirmations and you can even sing them.
So go ahead and choose your affirmation and affirm it for at least 21 days and see your life change.
Anubhuti of InnerSelf supports HIV+ kids, orphans, slum children and destitute women.Come and join us